Thursday, November 26, 2015

How To Make The Most Of Google Drive

Google Drive is in my opinion the best place to work. Going Google like they call it it's a brilliant idea for an office in my opinion.

I love Google Drive. Here's how I make the most of it:

1. Your most important files can have a link from your desktop.

I work on all my blogs using the laptop I love. The most important drive files have a link from the desktop so I don't waste time. I just click and the file opens. This way you waste no time inside the drive when you need to get work done. It's fast and simple.

2. Use Drive on the web primarly. 

This way you learn and focus on using the cloud. I think the cloud is here to stayy. It's more powerful than the desktop for office work in speed, security and reability. I simply love to use the Google Drive to work. All my work on all devices. Who could imagine that something like this would be possible one day?

3. Always use a strong password with the mobile phone code security.

This way it's very hard for someone without the mobile and the password to access it. Since probably all your office work is there, you want to keep it secure. Follow Google's advice and check your account security every time. Make sure everything is working fine, just like you would check your desktop machine.

4. Avoid distractions. 

Sure you want to store all your files on the drive but make sure you place the non important files on a folder and not on the "desktop" or main page so you can focus on work. Drive is for office work for me, for you it might also be the place where you store your memories with friends on a restaurant. It's fine too but do not have files on the main page distracting from the office work.

5. Remember to make a backup from time to time.

Sure Drive is safe according to Google but sometimes a little backup is needed just in case you need something and the drive is down. I never saw the drive down but it can happen even with Google's know how working hard on it to make sure everything is always working fine.

6. Rely on search

Search on Drive is great it's as fast as making a Google on the search engine. Make sure the files have the right name so you can find them when you need them the most. I think Google also indexes the content but if you don't know the file name it will be hard to know when the right file appeared.

I think Google Drive is one of the best applications on the web. Simply amazing Google :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Advantages of Working on the Cloud

A funny trend I saw on Google Trends is that desktop search is becoming obsolete. Windows 8 almost didn't have a desktop search because ...